I’ve been nominated for a Liebster Award by the adorable Rainbow Cakes and Rocky Road! I started this blog last October pretty much for fun, but also to learn more about how stuff works on the Internet. You bloggers all know it’s a labor of love, especially when I see that people out there in the world enjoy something I posted. Thank you, Rainbow Cakes!
There are some tasks associated with this:
- Post the award on your blog
- Thank the blogger who presented the award to you and link back to their blog
- Share 11 things about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions given to you by the person that nominated you
- Nominate 3-5/ 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers
- Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer
- Notify your nominees by posting your nomination on their blog.
So let’s do this thing! About me:
- I like writing and taking pictures. The picture-taking can get annoying at family functions and I have to rein myself in
- I’m the oldest of five children.
- I’m probably older than you.
- But I still like skinny jeans
- There is almost nothing blue in my home except clothing
- I’m a mom and love it
- I stopped straightening my hair last year and now it’s all wild curls
- I don’t enjoy driving but I’m so grateful for the freedom it gives me
- But I wish I could travel more.
- I love the smell of the ocean. I even like the smell of boating water.
- I like making things.
On to task two: Eleven questions put to me by the person who nominated me:
1. If you had to give one item of technology up forever, what would it be? The toaster. That’s cheating; I haven’t owned a toaster in years.
2. What is your ultimate comfort food?One thing? Grilledcheeseand tomatosandwichesIcecreamSteakPotatoesRiceandbeansApplepie…
3. What is your most favourite gift that you’ve ever received? Anything from my daughter. One of her Mothers Day gifts to me was a set of nesting covered bowls that reminded her of the big salads I used to make.
4. If you could have any amazing skill, what would it be? Finance. That sounds weird but if I could learn and embrace financial management, I would earn a lot more money and know how to enjoy it responsibly.
5. What’s your favourite song? I don’t even have a favorite genre, let alone favorite song!
6. What makes you happiest? Talking to my kid.
7. What’s your favourite book? I loved A Wrinkle In Time when I was younger.
8. What book have you been meaning to read for ages, but not got round to? The Unforgettable Photograph by George Lange.
9. What was the last thing you ate? Vanilla bean frozen yogurt – yummm!
10. What would your ideal house be like? It would be near the ocean, be energy-efficient, have wind and solar power and big, open rooms with great views. It would be where family and friends go to relax and have a nice time.
11. Where in the world would you most like to live? Need to travel more in order to answer that one! I’d say that for this stage of my life, I’m in the ideal place. Maybe Australia, they’re a cool people. Or Canada; they’ve been amazingly good neighbors to us.
Now I get to nominate other bloggers:
I’m going to recycle the questions that were put to me. (This post is already getting pretty long and self-indulgent.)
And that badge was designed by Rainbow Cakes and Rocky Road and in her honor, this is the one I will proudly use. Thank you again, Rainbow Cakes!