Winter is done, at least in this hemisphere. I’m always amazed that little crocuses manage to grow through cold, hard soil. And this year is no different. A small swarm of gnats buzzed in the shopping area earlier today, and we’re seeing longer days and some sunshine. My shower curtain rod no longer holds icy pants dripping snow melt; soon that will be replaced with sandy towels.
The hope of warm, balmy nights and long, fun days has me so giddy that I made my “to do” list for Summer 2014. Oh yes, if I have to do a “to do” list for tasks and chores, I’m going to make one for the pleasant stuff too:
- Go to the beach more. What’s better than feeling the ocean rush against my legs, smelling salt air and sunblock? And I’ll wear the polka dot bathing suit. I will start loading up on beach reads now.
- Live music under the stars. Even better, dancing to live music under the stars!
- Barbecue. Not at home though because the City of New York doesn’t permit using fire escapes for anything except escaping fires.
- I will become an expert on local outdoor cafés. Maybe some will serve barbecue.
- I will visit cool museums.
- i will ride my bike.
- I wonder if I can still “jump in” in jump rope?
- Road trips! Just keep driving until I find something that amuses me. I amuse easily so this shouldn’t be too far.
This summer will inspire some good posts. At least, that’s the plan.